« »

ICM: Gone With the Wind


After my initial experiments with virtual fans in 3D, I decided to scrap the hemispherical fan movement in favor of planar movement. I hooked up a potentiometer to an analog input on an Arduino and had it setting the fan speed in the Processing sketch over serial. Eventually, I’d like to use an actual fan rather than a pot and an onscreen fan to blow the pixels around; I’m not sure how exactly that would work, but it might make a good PComp final.

Initially, I had trouble keeping track of all the pixels; every so often, one would get lost. I made some extra hard-coded adjustments and now the pixels return to their original positions. In any case, here is a mouse-activated version of the sketch I showed in class.

Comments

Comments are closed.